Borrow to invest – a high risk repayment strategy
Do you recognise this scenario? If you do, please get in touch.
- You attend a sales seminar and/or meeting hosted by a UK or overseas, property/land provider who are trying to attract potential investors.
- You show an interest in the investment, however don’t have the cash required to invest.
- It is established that you have equity in your residential property.
- You are then referred to a Mortgage Broker to raise the money, to invest.
- The money is raised, usually on an interest only mortgage to minimise your monthly payments.
- You are promised the property/land investment will repay the mortgage (or provide pots of cash).
- The property/land investment fails, leaving you with an interest only mortgage without a repayment vehicle (or you simply lose your entire cash investment).
If this happened to you, we could help you claim compensation. We currently have a 90% success rate where our clients were advised to take out an interest only mortgage on their residential property for this purpose.
Please note, if the money is raised on a repayment mortgage and/or on a buy to let property, claims tend to be declined.
For more information, or to book an initial, no-obligation chat with one of our consultants, please……